Volcanic coast and bright limestone
The west of the island, geologically marked by lava and limestone, was culturally shaped by the old Catalans.
The popular seaside resort of Alghero with its atmospheric old town is an ideal location for sightseeing.
The mild climate here is perfect for growing wine and olives.
Here a choice of hikes:
- botanical hike at Capo Giglio
- along a rugged coastline high above Argentiera`s historical silver mine
- bright red rocks, deep blue sea and medieval flair in Castelsardo
- crossing pastureland to reach volcanic table mountains
- along the wild lava coast to the picturesque town of Bosa
To combine with:
- with a guided tour in Alghero or Castelsardo
- a visit of a nuragic fortress
- wine tasting
- typical food and wine on a farm (agriturismo)